Are you a teenager? If you are and you are planning to have a body piercing, I guess you need to think a lot first before doing so, or at least talk to your parents. Yes, I get it that some teenagers today, especially when they are already 18, are given the opportunity to decide for themselves. However, body piercings will affect your precious body and thus your health. You surely don’t want to have regrets later on, especially at this time when we are supposed to take care of our health.
Before anything else, what are the risks of body piercings, and why you should not just take part inthis without knowing a few facts?
- The thing when you will have your body pierced is you are purposely inflicting wounds in it and you are trying to insert a foreign object with which your body is not familiar. You will then try to invade the protective layer, which is the skin and that idea is already understood to be risky for infection.
- There is a chance of bloodstream infection. As a matter of fact, you can say that this commonly happens because unknowingly, the body piercer might end up using a contaminated metal to pierce into your skin. Such infection includes hepatitis B, tetanus, or C viruses.
- For tongue piercing, dental trauma can happen. At the same time, lip and gum problems can also occur as well. This is why if you will really push this plan, you have to make sure to only have this in a reliable piercing service in Malaysia. You should first investigate and check out online reviews to ensure that you won’t be able to put yourself to great risk in the process.
- Allergic reactions can also happen if you have body piercings. You see, when you have your body pierced, you will usually choose a type of jewelry that is made from different kinds of metal like nickel and so on. some of these types of metal can cause allergic reactions to your body and thus, you need to talk to your doctor about this to ensure that you will already know what type of metal might be safe for you.
- When you have body piercings, this means you have a wound that won’t be healed since there is a metal pierced in it. And if in case you get into an accident, cuts and tearing in the pierced area will most likely happen since there is an opening already. It goes without saying that if you have body piercings already, you should be careful so as not to cause any additional cuts.
Body piercings might be accepted in some aspects, but we all know this is not the case in some organizations or groups like in the school where you belong, in your religion, and so on. Thus, be sure you will consider this before deciding to have a body piercing.
For more articles like this, click here.